- Masters in Counseling
- Master in Counseling - K-12 Emphasis
- Doctor of Philosophy in Counseling Psychology
- Rural Psychology and Integrated Care
Counseling Psychology and Community Services
Be the Change.
Students who attend the Counseling Psychology and Community Services program at UND are building a foundation for making a lifelong difference in their communities. More than learning the basics, these students see the change they want, and make themselves that agent of change.
Undergraduate students can specialize in Recreation and Tourism Studies or Rehabilitation and Human Services. These students help change the world by working in their communities to enhance the lives of people of all ages.
Our Master's programs in Counseling include specializations in K-12 school counseling, community mental health counseling, rehabilitation counseling and addictions counseling. These programs emphasize:
- Engaged and committed students and professors
- Focused infusion of multicultural and social justice paradigms in course work and practice
- Active research teams that focus on applied and preventative applications of counseling and psychology
- Opportunities for specialized coursework in rural practice
The school counseling specialization is offered as a synchronous online course of study with on-campus summer visits. The other MA specializations are on-campus programs.
Our Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology provides a wide range of practicum experiences to students and a generous support package.
We are proud of our strong record of post-degree employment, with students establishing themselves in dynamic careers in a variety of settings.