Rehabilitation & Human Services
A Career by Choice, Not Chance!
Are you looking for a career in which you can enhance the quality of life of a wide variety of people?
Would you like to earn a degree which prepares you for diverse and exciting career opportunities?
Are you interested in leveling the playing field and making life more equitable in our society?
Then consider a major in Rehabilitation & Human Services (RHS). This degree prepares students for careers that will enhance the independence and integration of persons with physical, learning, psychiatric, cognitive, and addiction disorders.
Graduates of the RHS program are in high demand and frequently enter careers in the following areas:
- Rehabilitation Case Manager
- Mental Health Case Manager
- Vocational EvaluatorJob Developer
- Job Coach
- Sheltered Workshop Supervisor
- Work Adjustment Supervisor
- Disability Examiner
- Developmental Disabilities Case Manager
- College Disability Specialist
- Vocational Placement Specialist
- Supported Employment Specialist
- Transitional Specialist
- Independent Living Specialist
- Residential Care Coordinator
- Employee Assistance Supervisor
This major provides course work which prepares rehabilitation and human service professionals to work with individuals with disabilities across the life span. A Minor in Rehabilitation & Human Services is also available.
With the growing number of people with disabilities actively participating in community life, the demand for well-trained rehabilitation professionals is high. The RHS major and minor are intended to help supply workers for a well-documented personnel shortage.
In addition to the core RHS curriculum, students pursuing the major will also be able to obtain a concentration in one of the following areas:
- Substance Abuse
- Mental Health
- Developmental Disabilities
Students interested in learning more about this area of study are encouraged to contact Dr. Perry at 701.777.3757 or firstname.lastname@example.org.