Education Building Highlights
Learning environments must be creative yet professional ... innovative yet nurturing ... learning environments must be exceptional places.
We are in the process of preparing our students for 21st century learning! The Education Building is being renovated from top to bottom; and an addition will attach this building to Gillette Hall, allowing for a real partnership and collaboration for five of our departments!
The construction costs are covered, thanks to the state of North Dakota, but we need your help to truly make the transition to 21st century learning. We need to outfit our classrooms with the most effective furnishings, equipment, and technology to truly make this the most conducive and creative learning environment.
Funding classrooms, offices, conference and seminar rooms will provide the furnishings, equipment and technology needed for instruction. Long-term funding will include some level of endowment to meet future needs.
Nearly all undergraduate students at UND will use the facility, as many of the larger introductory classes will be held in the lecture bowls.
A gift to the building will impact thousands of students for decades.
Renovations and a new addition will:
- establish a large, state-of-the-art class room which would serve the entire UND campus.
- reduce deferred maintenance, annual maintenance and utility costs.
- create high quality and conducive learning environments, especially for graduate students.
- develop specialized “hybrid” learning space for distance students.
- increase interactive research across the disciplines in the College and support the Center for Rural Education and Communities.
- allow the building to be LEED Certified making it more energy efficient, and environmentally friendly.
A variety of naming opportunities are available. These opportunities allow for individuals, families, groups, faculty, organizations, businesses, and others to be a daily part of the building.
We have identified short- and long-term options. Ten-year term naming opportunities are available, then a permanent memento will remain in the building. Permanent naming opportunities will be honored for the life of the building. Click here for how you can leave a legacy!