Masters of Science in Educational Studies
Started in Fall 2016, the Masters of Science (MS) Educational Studies program is dedicated to the pursuit of education as field of study. Historical, philosophical, sociological, anthropological, and psychological aspects of education are viewed through multiple perspectives of culture, gender, community and organizations. The program is committed to the development of professionals who value lifelong learning, diversity, inquiry and critical thinking.
The Program Goals are designed to expand students awareness of philosophical, social and historical education issues, to enhance understanding of curriculum, and to promote research knowledge and skills. In this program students will:
• Explore and understand the historical, philosophical, sociological, and psychological foundations of education, schooling and curriculum.
• Demonstrate awareness of individual differences in learning needs, cultural heritage, economics, ability/disability, religion, and gender
• Collaborate with other professionals to consider learning theory and practice.
• Acquire knowledge, skills and dispositions for understanding and conducting educational research.
• Study current trends in assessment design and educational practices.
• Use learning technology to improve instructional content and deliver research and scholarly communication
Inquiries can about this program can be directed to the EFR program coordinator Robert.email@example.com