Martin Short, Ph.D.
Office: Hyslop Sports Center 305A
Phone: (701) 777-2988
Fax (701) 777-3531
- Ph.D. in Motor Learning & Control from the University of Florida
- M.S. in Motor Learning from Auburn University
- H.B.P.E. (Honours Bachelour of Physical Education) from Lakehead University
Factors that affect how we learn movement skills, performance enhancement.
Dr. Short has been a part of PXW since 1999 and is married to fellow professor Sandra. They have two children, Stoker and Brecken. Martin is also the Volunteer Assistant Coach for the UND Women’s Hockey team and remains competitive in the sport. His other interests include traveling and sports.
- KIN 276: Motor Learning
- KIN 325: Youth and Children in Sport
- KIN 332: Biomechanics
- KIN 530: Sports Biomechanics
- KIN 535: Motor Learning & Control
Lucas, B. P., Fitzgerald, J. S., Short, M. W., Whitehead, J. R. (2015). The Effects of Caffeine on Vertical Jump Height and Execution in Collegiate Athletes. Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research