Jesse Rhoades, Ph.D.
Office: Hyslop Sports Center 202D
Phone: (701) 777-3113
Fax (701) 777-3531
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, IL Aug, 2010
Ph.D. – Pedagogical Kinesiology
- Indiana State University, Terre Haute, IN December, 2006
M.A. – Exercise Science
- Indiana State University, Terre Haute, IN May, 2002
B.S. – Physical Education Teaching
- Parkland Community College, Champaign, IL May, 1999
A.S. – Physical Education
Dr. Rhoades has research interests in National Board certified Physical Education teachers, Communities of Practice and expertise in Physical Education. Additional, marginalization and the establishment of accountability in Physical Education are focuses within his research.
Joined UND in 2010. Born in Champaign Illinois, US. Competed in track and field at Parkland College, and Indiana State University. Taught Physical Education for two years before beginning graduate education. Completed Masters of Science degree in exercise science with a concentration in Biomechanics at Indiana State University. Finished his graduate education at the University of Illinois in Pedagogical Kinesiology.
- KIN 305 Health/Physical Education for Elementary Teachers
- KIN 332/332L Biomechanics
- KIN 355 Applied Motor Development
- KIN 390/390L Introduction to Teaching in Physical Education and Coaching
- KIN 410/410L Physical Education Secondary Methods
- KIN 420 Cirriculum Development for Physical and Health Education
Rhoades, J. , Woods, A., Daum, D., Ellison, D., Trendowski, T., (2016). A 30-year Retrospecitive of Publishes Research. Journal of Teaching in Physical Education. 35 (1).
Rhoades. J. L. & Woods, A.M. (2012). National Board Certified Physical Education Teachers Task Presentations and Learning Environments. Journal of Teaching in Physical Education, 31(1), 4-20.
Graber, K., Erwin, H., Woods, A., Rhoades, J., & Zhu, W. (2011). A national profile of teacher education faculty: The construction of an online survey. Measurement in Physical Education and Exercise Science, 15(4), 245-256.
Woods, A. M., & Rhoades. J. L. (2010). National board certified physical educators: Background characteristics, subjective warrants, and motivations. Journal of Teaching in Physical Education, 29, 312–331
Woods, A.M., & Rhoades. J.L. (2010). National board certified physical educators: Perceptions of certification impacts. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport.