Sandra E. Short, Ph.D.
Office: Hyslop Sports Center 202C
Phone: (701) 777-4325
Fax (701) 777-3531
- Ph.D. in Psycho-Social Aspects of Sport from Michigan State University (1998)
- M.A. in Kinesiology from the University of Western Ontario (1994)
- B.Sc. in Psychology from the University of Calgary (1992).
Efficacy (confidence) beliefs in athletes, teams, and coaches; mental imagery in sport and exercise.
Dr. Short is a Professor in the Department of Kinesiology and Public Health Education. Outside of her teaching (face to face and online classes), research, consulting, and service work, Sandra and her husband Martin are kept very busy by their boys Stoker and Brecken. Right now, they are collecting miles for boys’ walk-a-thon and enjoying jumping on the trampoline. Soon it will be hockey. Sandra enjoys reading, writing, gaming, and travelling.
Prior to coming to UND in 1999, Dr. Short was an Assistant Professor at the University of Rhode Island.
- KIN 401: Sport Sociology (online and face to face)
- KIN 440: Sport Psychology (online and face to face)
- KIN 501: Research Methods
- KIN 531: Sport Psychology
- KIN 537: Applied Sport Psychology