Programs & Degrees Resident Teacher Programs Student Involvement Summer Reading Camp Scholarships Department Information
Curriculum and Instruction
Graduate Program Degree Requirements
|Requirements for the Major (Core – 11-13 Credits)|
|T&L 540||Theories & Philosophies of Curriculum||3 cr|
|T&L 542||Models of Teaching||3 cr|
|T&L 577||Assessment of Learning||3 cr|
|T&L 995, 997, or 998||Scholarly Project/Independent Study/Thesis||2-4 cr|
|Research (6 credits from the following)|
|T&L 569||Action Research (required)||3 cr|
|T&L 579||Classroom Based Inquiry||3 cr|
|EFR 509||Introduction to Educational Research||3 cr|
|EFR 515||Statistics I||3 cr|
|Electives for the Major (6 Credits from the following)|
|EFR 500||Foundations of Educational Thought||3 cr|
|T&L 521||Differentiated Instruction||3 cr|
|T&L 590||Special Topics (e.g., Technology in the Schools)||3 cr|
|T&L 524||Reading in the Content Area||2 cr|
|EFR 506||Multicultural Education||3 cr|
|Electives – Cognate (9 credits)|
|Choose 9 credits of course work that complements the major|
- A minimum of 32 credits required for the major, which includes the credits granted for the Independent Study or Scholarly Project.
- A minimum of two credits for the Independent Study or Scholarly Project.
- At least one-half of the credits must be at or above the 500-level.
- A maximum of one-fourth of the credit hours required for the degree may be transferred from another institution.
- The program may include just the major, the major and a minor, or the major and a cognate area.Preparation of a written Independent Study, or Scholarly Project, must be approved by the faculty advisor.
- Presentation of independent study or scholarly project takes place before the final report is sent to the School of Graduate Studies.
- A minimum of 34 and a maximum of 36 semester credits in a major field including the credits granted for the thesis.
- A minimum of four credits and a maximum of six credits for the thesis.
- The program may include just the major, the major and a minor, or the major and a cognate area.
- Preparation of a written thesis is approved by a committee of three faculty. The student's advisor chairs the committee.
- Presentation and defense of the thesis takes place before the final report is sent to the School of Graduate Studies.