- Program Information
- Director's Credential
- Graduate Minors
- What Are Students Saying?
Early Childhood Education-
Graduate Program Admissions
Admission to any graduate program in Education is initiated by submitting a completed application to UND's Graduate School. Applications need to be completed on My GradSpace by November 1 (Spring), April 1 (Summer), or June 1 (Fall). Admission status will be determined only after review required by both the Graduate School Admissions Office and the Early Childhood Education Program Area.
The graduate application process consists of your submitting the following with your application:
- UND Graduate School Application Form
- Application fee ($35)
- No GRE required
- Official Transcripts from each institution attended indicating a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 for undergraduate work completed during the junior and senior years (based on A = 4.00).
- An overall GPA of 2.75 for all undergraduate career may be acceptable; to be determined by the ECE and Graduate School faculty's discretion.
- Three letters of recommendation using the Graduate School Recommendation Form that is available from the online application system. We recommend that you submit letters from each of the following people who can speak to your potential for graduate study:
- One from a supervising teacher (if recently completed student teaching) OR one from a supervisor or administrator (e.g., principal, program coordinator) (*If you do not have classroom teaching experience, a letter from a supervisor or administrator from an employment setting is acceptable.);
- One from a colleague who has worked with you on a professional level; and
- One from a person of your choosing.
- Personal Statement: Answer the following three questions as clearly and fully as you can. Use one typed page per question as a guide:
- What have you already done professionally or personally of which you are proud? Please include a chronological history of all professional teaching and administration experience, as well as academic honors or achievements you have earned.
- What are the characteristics, attitudes, values, and/or skills that you think will make you a good candidate for your professional role?
- Describe several personal and professional goals you would like to achieve in the next five years. Include in your description reasons why these goals are important to you.
More information regarding the ECE graduate program can be obtained by contacting the program coordinator Kristen Votava at 701-777-5683 or email@example.com.
Click the link above to create a myGradSpace account in the application system.