- Program Information
- Director's Credential
- Graduate Minors
- What Are Students Saying?
Early Childhood Education Graduate Program
NOW OFFERED ONLINE!
The University of North Dakota’s online Master of Science (MS) in Early Childhood Education is a non-licensing degree that prepares professional teachers and leaders to address the educational needs of young children, ages 0 to 8, in a variety of settings:
- Public and private schools (Birth-Grade 3)
- Head Start programs
- Child development and child care centers
- Other programs related to the education of young children
As a graduate of the online master’s program, you will have advanced skills and knowledge to:
- encourage the child’s natural curiosity and exploration of the environment.
- develop an understanding of human diversity and recognize its value in a community of learners.
- create supportive and productive learning environments for children, teachers, parents, and support staff.
- integrate knowledge about children with special needs into curriculum and program development.
- be reflective in your approach to teaching and leadership.
Through online courses and a teaching practicum, you will learn educational methods that emphasize young children in the context of their:
The online MS in Early Childhood Education program combines theory and research with practical experience. You will begin with the belief that the child is a born learner. Therefore, as a teacher, you must be a careful and open-minded observer who develops curriculum with the child in mind.
Master of Science:
- 32 Credits
- Flexiblity in completion time
- Deadlines for lessons/exams
- In-State Tuition regardless of residency
Feedback From a Student
“I enjoy UND’s online program because it is an incredibly convenient program for me to use as I do not live in the Unites States or in the same time zone. Through this program I have learned so much about what it means to be an Early Childhood educator and have often had the opportunity to take what I have learned and implement it into my teaching. I have had wonderful and rewarding experiences though class discussions, readings, and projects. I would highly recommend this program to anyone interested in becoming an Early Childhood teacher!” - Catie S.