Graduate Program Admissions
Fall & Summer, February 15
Spring, September 15
The admission requirements are as follows:
- A bachelor’s degree in education, leading to licensure (e.g., Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle Level, Secondary Education).
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.75 for all undergraduate work or a GPA of at least 3.0 for the junior and senior years of undergraduate work (based on A = 4.00).
- Non-native speakers of English are required to submit scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). A minimum TOEFL score of 550 on the paper-based test or 213 on the computer-based test, or for the Internet based TOEFL, a minimum score of 23/30 (speaking); 19/30 (listening); 19/30 (reading); 15/30 (writing) for applicants whose native language is not English. Applicants may also meet language requirements by presenting IETLS scores of 6.5.
- Students who have received a bachelor’s degree or higher from the United States or English-speaking Canada are not required to submit the TOEFL.
- Complete the Graduate School online application form (choose M.S. or M.Ed. program).
- Submit the application fee of $35.
- Submit the names and email addresses of three people who will complete the recommendation form.
- Send official transcripts from each institution attended to the Graduate School.
- Send resume to the Graduate School.
- Complete the personal statement and attach it in the “essay” section of the application.
For guidelines and prompts for the personal statement, click here.
Graduate School Admissions
University of North Dakota
PO. Box 8178
Grand Forks, ND 58202-8178
Phone: (701) 777-2945