- Expectations for Online Students
- Specialization Areas: List of Courses
- Special Education Minor
- Special Education Field Experiences
- BCBA/ABA Intensive Practicum
- Course Rotation Schedule
Special Education Admission Information
A bachelor’s degree in any field.
A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.75 for all undergraduate work or a GPA of at least 3.0 for the junior and senior years of undergraduate work (based on A = 4.00).
A minimum TOEFL score of 550 on the paper-based test or 213 on the computer-based test, or for the Internet based TOEFL, a minimum score of 23/30 (speaking); 19/30 (listening); 19/30 (reading); 15/30 (writing) for applicants whose native language is not English. Applicants may also meet language requirements by presenting IETLS scores of 6.5.
Students who have received a bachelor’s degree or higher from the United States or English-speaking Canada are not required to submit the TOEFL.
- Complete the School of Graduate Studies online application form (choose M.S., M.Ed., or ASD certificate program).
- Submit the application fee of $35.
- Submit the names and email addresses of three people who will complete the recommendation form: one from an employment supervisor or administrator, one from a professional colleague or university professor, and one from a person of your choosing.
- Send official transcripts from each institution attended to the School of Graduate Studies.
- Complete the personal statement (for guidelines click here) and attach it in the “essay” section of the application.
The online application with the personal statement and the $35 fee must be submitted by March 15 for summer admission, June 15 for fall admission, and October 15 for spring admission. Transcripts and recommendations can arrive and be added to the application no later than two weeks after the application deadline (April 1 for summer admissions, July 1 for fall admissions and November 1 for spring admissions).