- Advising Sheets
- Admission Requirements
- Graduation Requirements
- Application for Graduation
- Contact An Advisor
- About Teacher Education
- Teacher Certification
- Field Placement
- Professional Development for Educators
- UND Teacher Education Conceptual Framework
- Candidate Performance Data
- Teacher Education Staff
- Contact Us
College of Education and Human Development Technology
The College of Education and Human Development (EHD) is committed to providing equitable and seamless access to digital tools to facilitate the research, teaching, and service mission of the College of EHD, including the learning and work environment across all aspects and functions of the college.
EHD has developed a Technology Committee to guide the future development of technology within the College of Education and Human Development.
The College of Education and Human Development (EHD) recognizes that the college has a responsibility to be a leader in promoting the best practices of technology for its constituents and for society at large. EHD acknowledges that technology literacy (the ability to effectively use technology for productivity) is essential for success in teaching, research, and service and that it is equally critical for success in society as a whole. EHD further recognizes, however, that technology fluency (the ability to evaluate, select, and use technology wisely to solve problems) is at least as important as technology literacy, and that members of the college and its graduates must be both literate and fluent in technology within our respective fields in order to solve the wide variety of problems society faces today and that it will face in the future. As an educational space for preparing tomorrow's education, counseling, and exercise science professionals, a professional development space for current EHD professionals, and a research space for studying current and future needs in education and human development, EHD is uniquely positioned to realize this vision.
EHD commits to providing equitable and seamless access to digital tools to facilitate the research, teaching, and service mission of the College of EHD, including the learning and work environment across all aspects and functions of the college.
Accordingly, EHD faculty, staff, and students will use technology to achieve the following goals within our teaching, research, and service activities, both as a process and as an outcome for our graduates:
- Access and evaluate a variety of informational resources
- Explore content in engaging ways
- Inspire creativity, productivity, and innovation
- Communicate and collaborate
- Extend learning beyond the classroom and workplace
- Contribute to society as responsible digital citizens
Technology Committee Charge
The EHD Technology Committee is charged with advocating for the EHD technology vision and mission by providing advice and consultation to the Dean of EHD for College decision making to develop and maintain a strategic college technology plan that meets these goals. The tools and processes used by the committee in this capacity include, but are not limited to, needs assessment, evaluation of current practices and infrastructure, education, and strategic planning regarding:
- Technology infrastructure
- Technology as it supports pedagogy and teaching practices
- Technology as it supports research by faculty and students
- Technology as a research subject itself
- Technology support (e.g., training and assistance) for teaching, research, and service for faculty, staff, and students
- Technology as is supports educational outcomes (e.g, preparedness of graduates to work in their fields with relevant technology)
- The role of the college as a leader in the use of technology in the disciplines served by the college and its graduates
- Policies and needs as they relate to all of the above
The committee will also review and make recommendations to the Dean as required for the acquisition and prioritization of technology in the college.
Technology Committee Membership
The membership of the committee includes ten persons: five full-time faculty representatives (one representative from each department). There will also be one graduate and one undergraduate student representative. There will be one faculty liaison representative with CILT (or a CILT staff member representative). There will be one ex-officio member to represent the dean. Faculty representatives will be appointed by the Dean in consultation with department chairs, who will nominate representatives in May as vacancies occur. Student representatives will be selected by the Technology Committee Chair in consultation with the technology committee members. All students and faculty will serve for a period of two year terms, staggered to prevent significant single-year turnover. The EHD College Technology Coordinator staff member will serve in a non-voting staff support role. Other members may be added as needed.
The chair of the committee will be elected by majority vote of the committee at the first meeting of the academic year. The chair will convene meetings, coordinate the work of the committee, and report monthly to the Dean's Executive Cabinet.
The ex-officio member will serve as a liaison to the dean and other bodies in the college as requested by the dean.
Technology Committee Function
The function of the Technology Committee will be to:
- Provide minutes and provide copies to the members, the Dean, department chairs, and will publish the minutes on the college website.
- Develop a college technology plan to reflect the current goals of the college, including examining congruence with accreditation standards, and long term goals of CEHD and UND.
- Develop and prioritize technology requests for end-of-year funds.
- Ascertain departmental technology needs/priorities and through respective department members on the committee.
- Determine and document technology needs of faculty, staff and students.
- Establish and maintain communication with the campus community on technology issues, funding models, resource allocations, and institutionally provided resources, (e.g., core technologies).
Technology Services and Support
In order to fulfill the technology mission/vision for the college, EHD has partnered with the Center for Instructional & Learning Technologies to provide technology services. With this partnership, EHD technology staff will work closely with CILT staff to provide enhanced services and support.
Services include: equipment self-checkout, technology support, classroom design and support, instructional design and faculty workshops, etc.
To help gather ideas/suggestions related to technology, EHD will regularly post a Tech Topic. All of the ideas/suggestions will be reviewed and used to further develop the mission/vision for technology within the college. This week's Tech Topic is:
What new educational technology do you find most useful in the K-12 school system?