Faculty & Staff
Use the links below to jump to your desired topic. If your question is not answered below, please check directly with the appropriate department or staff member.
- Academic Support
- Budgets and Finance
- Facilities & Building Inquiries
- HR & Payroll
- Marketing & Communications
- Travel, Expenses and Reimbursements
- General Questions
You may also visit Forms and Links instead of using the FAQ.
For questions regarding research funding, please visit Grant Resources.
- Use Follett Discover to request textbooks for your courses.
- If you need a desk copy, contact the publisher. If they do not have a desk copy available, complete the CEHD Textbook Request Form to request a purchase. Include a copy of your communication with the publisher.
- Please refer to the Textbook Request Procedure document for additional information.
Yes. The Faculty Recruitment Procedure guide provides detailed instructions on navigating the recruitment, job posting, interviewing, and hiring processes.
Before requesting SWAG, you MUST complete a CEHD Marketing Request form for your event or project. There is a space on the Marketing Request form for you to indicate a request for SWAG.
Once your Marketing Request form has been approved, Lesli Riskey will forward the SWAG form to you to complete.
Yes - there are several sources of up-to-date information for CEHD faculty and staff members.
- From the Desk of the Dean is a monthly email newsletter issued from the Dean's office to CEHD personnel.
- The Learning Curve is a college blog for general news, events, and acknowledgments. Questions or submissions for The Learning Curve can be submitted to kenya.zarns@UND.edu.
Contact Kenya Zarns with any website questions.
Associate Dean of Student Services - budgetary and financial support for marketing, outreach, and retention efforts
Kenya Zarns, Director of Communications, Outreach, and Recruitment - communication and outreach/recruitment strategy, media and PR, web management
- CEHD employees must submit a CEHD Employee Travel Authorization Form prior to travel. If approved, the employee should forward all relevant, itemized receipts and a copy of the approved travel request form to Heather Lotysz within two weeks of travel completion.
- Heather will review the documentation and forward to the UND Shared Service Center for reimbursement processing.
All requests for travel reimbursement should be submitted within 2 weeks of completion of travel.
Travel reimbursement could take up to one month. To minimize delays, ensure that you book your travel appropriately and collect the appropriate itemized receipts. If you have questions about the requirements, please contact Heather Lotysz for assistance.
- For reimbursement, itemized, detailed receipts are required for everything except meals. All receipts must indicate the amount paid, not simply the amount due. Either a statement from the vendor showing the amount paid and by whom, or a bank or credit card statement showing payment to the vendor would be acceptable.
- Meal receipts are not required as employees are reimbursed at a per diem rate, based on the location and time of travel.
Third party booking sites (e.g. Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, etc.) do not provide enough detail in the receipt for reimbursement to individuals. Per ND OMB Policy 513, only receipts from the actual lodging establishment will be accepted for reimbursement. Employees will not be reimbursed for these costs without a detailed, itemized receipt from the lodging establishment.
CEHD has partnered with Bon Voyage travel to assist with flight arrangements and payment.
Bon Voyage will book the flight in accordance with UND travel policy and will pay for the flight with a CEHD P-Card. The employee will not need to pay for the flight out-of-pocket.
No, due to the nature of credit card authorizations, Bon Voyage is unable to make hotel reservations.
Employees will need to book hotel reservations directly with the vendor (not a 3rd party like Expedia) using their own credit card. The paid receipt for the hotel stay can be submitted for reimbursement after completing the trip.
Yes; however, the employee must also submit a statement explaining the following:
- Business purpose
- Why the membership is required
- The benefit to the University
For the 2022-23 academic year, all faculty have $2000 and staff have $500 that they can request to use for professional development (PD), like conference registration, travel, memberships, additional books, etc.
All CEHD employees can view their remaining PD balance by following these steps:
- Access link through Teams:
- UND CEHD Collaboration Team
- Go to: Files
- Open: CEHD Professional Development Dashboard.docx
- Click the link in the document to access the dashboard
- Once the dashboard opens, select your name from the dropdown
- Dashboard will display original PD amount, amount spent to date, and remaining balance for the fiscal year*
*The fiscal year runs July 1 - June 30. Thus, funds must be used for travel by June 30 in order to be counted in the current fiscal year allocation.
Note: the dashboard will be updated twice monthly on the 15th and last day of the month (or business day prior). Expenses requested recently may not yet be reflected. The date updated will be reflected at the top of the page.
For questions related to your balance, contact Heather Lotysz.
If the request was for:
Software, hardware, or other technology
The CEHD Technology Asset Manager, Joneen Iverson, automatically receives the approval and will order the items. She will contact the requestor to arrange pick up upon receipt.
The CEHD Inventory Coordinator, Deby Radi, automatically receives the approval and will order the materials through UND Marketplace (Jaggaer). She will contact the requestor to arrange pick up upon receipt.
Other purchases, such as memberships or registrations
The requestor may proceed with the purchase. Upon completion, route a copy of the final approved form and the itemized receipt for payment to the UND Shared Service Center at und.sharedservicecenter@UND.edu to request reimbursement.