About the College
The College of Education & Human Development is the largest and most comprehensive education college in the state of North Dakota.
We are consistently recognized for excellence in on-campus and online professional graduate and undergraduate education and educational research.
Recognized by U.S. News & World Report for offering top online Education programs.
Educating the Next Generation of Leaders
We recruit the best and the brightest students in North Dakota. Our expanded curricular offerings for creative learning and continuing education enhance quality of life for North Dakota citizens.
- Our students are immersed in active learning environments and cutting-edge technology integrated across our programs.
- Our students learn in our state-of-the art LEED Silver Certified Education Building.
- Through initiatives like STEM, our students collaborate within and across professional and the scientific disciplines.
Real Research. Real Results.
Since 2011, our faculty generated more than $9 million dollars in extramural research grants from funding organizations including The Department of Education, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and the National Science Foundation.
Leaders in Education
Our 17,000+ alumni reside in all 50 states and 35 countries.
CEHD alumni are exemplary leaders in the K-12 schools and in higher education. You will find them serving in health, public health education, exercise, sport, and human development fields.
Not only do our alumni make legacy financial contributions to CEHD, they are high-profile role models of excellence.
- They stand out as the best sports team coaches and athletic trainers.
- They are prominent as directors of health education initiatives and prime movers in delivering mental health services.
- They represent the highest standards of excellence in teacher education, school leadership, curriculum and instruction, special education, rehabilitation, counseling, and in the professions of psychology.
CEHD Faculty & Departmental Awards
McDermott Faculty Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching
Christopher Felege, Teaching Assistant Professor, Biology
UND Award for Excellence in Online Course Development & Innovative Teaching Strategies
- Lisa Vojacek for Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment, Part-time Instructional, Teaching & Leadership
- Deborah Worley for The College Student, Associate Professor, Education, Health & Behavior
VPAA Award for Outstanding Professional Academic Advising
- Kaylee Scheer, Academic Core Advisor, AVP Student Success
UND Award for Departmental Excellence in Service
Department of Teaching, Leadership & Professional Practice