Education, Health & Behavior Studies
Educating future leaders and working towards a mentally sound, physically strong world.
- Kinesiology - Be part of the movement to promote health and fitness.
- Public Health Education - Educate the public about healthy practices to improve wellness and quality of life.
- Rehabilitation & Human Services - Help people with disabilities achieve the best possible quality of life.
Master of Arts
- Counseling - Create positive change in your community and beyond with a rewarding career as a professional counselor.
Master of Education
- Instructional Design & Technology- Enhance instruction and learning at schools and colleges through effective instruction design and the use of technology.
Master of Science
- Educational Studies - Develop research skills and learn the foundational ideas to prepare for a dynamic career in the diverse field of education.
- Higher Education - Prepare for a career in administration or student services at a college or university.
- Kinesiology - Become a leader in the fast-growing fields that promote health and fitness.
Doctor of Education
- Educational Practice and Leadership - UND's 100% online Doctor of Education in Educational Practice and Leadership will prepare you to step into leadership roles. Designed for working educators, the education doctorate opens the door for teacher career advancement. Be in demand as a school principal, superintendent, college faculty, director, or college administrator.
Doctor of Philosophy
- Counseling Psychology - Develop the clinical and research skills you need for a fulfilling career as a counseling psychologist.
- Education, Health and Behavior Studies - Bold thinking to lead research and development in higher education, instructional design and kinesiology.
- Educational Foundations and Research - Make a direct and lasting impact through multi-disciplinary study and using applied education research methods to confront critical educational issues in our communities in support of justice, equity and reform efforts.
Accelerated and Combined Programs
Accelerated Kinesiology Degree - Earn a B.S. and M.S. in Kinesiology in as little as 4-5 years.
- Athletic Coaching (coaching or Esports tracks) - Show young athletes the power of Esports, sports, competition and exercise.
- Public Health - Work with students to set them up to live healthy lives.
- Rehabilitation & Human Services - Learn to make a lasting difference in the lives of people with disabilities.
- Counseling: K-12 Counseling Emphasis - Develop your potential as a champion for student success.
- Instructional Design and Technology - Update your instructional design skills with a graduate certificate in K-12 technology, corporate training or eLearning.
- Learning Analytics - Develop skills to see patterns in educational data showing which educational practices work best and how to identify at-risk students.
- Quantitative Research Methods - Gain high-value quantitative research skills that give you the edge in the real world.
About the Department
Rural Psychology Integrated Care (RPIC)
The RPIC program responds to the mental and behavioral health needs of residents by training competent psychologists, substance abuse counselors, and psychiatric mental health nurses to work effectively in an integrated health care (IHC) setting.
Northern Prairie Community Clinic
The department provides both in-office and tele-counseling services to families and individuals, while serving as a training placement for graduate students.
The College of Education and Human Development through collaborative partnerships and scholarship, engages in inquiry and innovation to influence inclusive development and learning for all.
Sport and Exercise Credit Classes have a variety of classes including individual sports such as swimming; dual sports like tennis and badminton; team sports including basketball and volleyball; and classes such as strength training and walking.